Friday, September 9, 2016
Current Project In Kuala Kangsar Perak !!!
This two stories BH was not completed and abandoned by the contractor.
Looking at the various errors inside I would say that the contractor realized that there is more to just building a structure.
The understanding about the birds have to come first.
The scope of works that are currently being done are as follows:
1) Relocation of the main entrance hole. Original hole, a small hole on the roof, is to be shut.
2) The new entrance hole will be on the wall and located at a more precised area.
3) The entrance hole area will be installed with adequate number of external sound tweeters to attract any of those swiftlet that flew within 1 kilometer radius.
4) A new LAL hole is introduced to allow those wild birds to populate the ground floor.
5) The bright light entering the LMB will be blocked to minimize the floor brightness.
6) A VIP room was created at the end of the top floor.
7) To wet the BH a water storage tank will be installed on the top floor and the water will be distributed to both floors to wet the floor.
8) Additional nesting planks will be added to reduce the gaps.
9) Old tweeters shall be removed and new one will be installed in accordance to a proven method of installation.
10) The BH will be added with about 15 new air ventilation holes on each floor.
11) To cool the ceiling on the top floor, the owner have approved the installation of a cladded roof above the current zinc roof.
12) Air will be allowed to flow from one end to the other to cool the space in between the roof and the ceiling.
13) A set of amplifiers will be installed to run the BH with two external sounds and one internal sounds.
14) A special gadget to automatically activate the electrical system if tripped will be installed.
15) The choice of the three sounds will be decided once tested.
16) The floor of the BH will be applied with special aroma to neutralize the old odor.
With the newly installed system I hope to see some nests within 3-4 months.
Let us hope that it will be functional as a BH.