Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tumpat BH: Another Milestone That Will Bring More Nests !!!



Yesterday September 18th 2016, I make a trip to this BH located in Tumpat Kelantan.

The 3 stories with this big size of 38 feet by 100 feet was nearly abandoned by the owner.

I was invited to inspect the BH and after my visit report was submitted the owner quickly arrange to proceed with the recommendations.

That was about 8 months ago.

The nest number at that time after almost 6 years into operation was only about 20 pieces.

Now after the revamp operation the next jumped to 60 nests within 8 months.

The caretaker confirmed that every minute of the day there will be birds at the BH entrance hole.

This follow up visit was to check on the progress of the BH and at the same time identify anything that can increase the nests number.

I told the owner that the progress so far passed my expectation however I told him that the nest numbers should have be better.

They have started to stay and some have started to stay on the floor that used to be empty.

However I told him the followings which might help to improve the nest numbers:

1) After 8 months I think the time has come to change to the latest sound that will attract more young birds to his BH.  I replaced the two external sounds to Kingkong and Super Ext on the spot.

(After I changed the two external sounds)


2) The floor wetness was not good enough. I told the caretaker to increase the running time of the mist spray time to twice the current time.

3) I think the BH surroundings have to be cleaned and clear of all those trees and bushes.  There was a green snake in the BH during my visit.

4) If he wanted to see more birds I wanted him to install about four chicken coop humidifiers on every floor and all of these humidifiers shall be activated using a Humidistat.

5) The fake nests inside the VIP rooms should be regularly sprayed with Super Pheromone aroma.  This will entice more young couple to stay inside the BH.

6) During my observation at the LMB inside the BH I can see that most of those birds that entered the hole seems to enter a short distance and quickly flew out.  The cause of this problem have something to do with the follow up tweeters to pull them to the first entrance door in the BH.  Additional external sound tweeters need to be added in the monkey house room.

7) I wish the owner plant a number of figs trees around his BH.  I need to air layered a few and sent them to him.

The above will be submitted to the BH owner and hopefully he will arrange to install all of them.




















No comments: